Trust your evidence to a QFIS expert and know that you have on your team a primary advocate who is:
- A Harvard educated scientist
- Certified as a Diplomate by the American Board of Criminalistics
- Qualified to the FBI standards for forensic DNA analysts
- Trained and used by the FBI and ASCLD/LAB as a DNA laboratory auditor
- An experienced crime laboratory manager and director who is knowledgeable in quality assurance, protocols, and laboratory practices
- A trusted and experienced forensic DNA analyst, criminalist, crime scene examiner, and expert witness
When you are involved in a criminal or civil case which includes DNA evidence, you want to assemble the best team to make sense of the evidence that exists. You will achieve the best results when you rely on a qualified forensic DNA analyst with experience both in the field and in the laboratory. At QFIS, that is what you get.
The use of DNA evidence in a case begins with the recognition and collection of the biological sample at the crime scene and culminates with the interpretation of the DNA results and determining what the results mean to a case. DNA analysts with broad forensic knowledge and experience are best equipped to assess the significance of DNA evidence in a case. At QFIS, the DNA analysts are:
- Skilled at understanding the protocols and scientific processes in DNA testing and can serve as independent representatives to witness the tests performed at a laboratory to attest whether the work was conducted properly.
- Experienced in conducting DNA analysis on actual crime scene and evidence samples, and understand the challenges involved with testing degraded, contaminated, and limited forensic DNA samples.
- Skilled at assessing the entire case and the relevant biological evidence to form opinions about the significance or meaning of the evidence that was found.
- Skilled at explaining the results in a clear and understandable manner so that lawyers, family members, judges, and jurors can make informed decisions about the evidence in a case.